Tuesday, October 14, 2014

FLATTENED RICE DOSA/ PANCAKE

For Breakfast I am always on a look out for something tasty and quick. Here the other day I created this recipe quite by accident.

I was planning on doing poha, a breakfast dish made with flattened rice (a very commonly done dish here in the state where I live.)

When I went into the kitchen I saw that there were not enough poha (flattened rice) to make my breakfast, and so I thought of trying this dish which came out just perfect.. It is filling and tasty the flattened rice provide the required softness to the dosas.

Take a cup of flattened rice or poha wash them and let them soak (do not keep water just drain it out when you wash them that’s enough for them to get soaked)
Take a cup of sour curd; add ½ cup fine semolina or Rava to it. Let it stand for about 15 mins, grind the above poha to a fine paste and add to the semolina, curd mix.

Add finely grated ginger and green chilies to this above mixture.

Make a paste add a little water or buttermilk if the mixture is too thick.

Add salt and sugar to taste. (Sugar about 1 tsp.)
Add finely chopped coriander and curry leaves (opt).
On a hot griddle drizzle a little oil and spread this dosa or pancake in a circular motion.

Let it cook , turn and cook on the other side till light brown.

Serve hot with chutney of choice.


You can add grated carrots or cabbage to this mixture, you can even add cheese before serving.

Sorry that I have no picture for this recipe as I served them before I could click pictures , but I will try to take a picture when I make them the next time.
But this is how it would look


The above picture is of my OATMEAL DOSA

1 comment:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sound very yummy and unusual!
hugs,
Jann