Monday, February 09, 2009

A PROPER MEAL FOR GUESTS*****


It’s been a very very very long time since that I have written a post, but its not that I won’t be writing anymore or that I will be so infrequent like the way I have been, Its only that I have not been in the same frame of mind that I was before.
Whenever I do something I need to be in the right frame of mind for that, and that may be anything as little as going for a walk or to the market.
When I write I want it to come from my heart and not write for the sake of writing, and so I did not do much posting but I did click photos occasionally and so I have some good photos and posts pending, hope you like them.


ROASTED CORN SALAD


In Goa, my native place food is given a lot of importance in one’s life and guests are considered god, hospitality is at its highest I have seen in Goa. Whenever I have someone visiting me from Goa I usually make a meal which looks like the one that you see here.



FRIED PRAWNS
The meal comprises of One dry vegetable, one wet vegetable, salad, chapatti, rice, fish curry, sol kadi (not in the picture) and fried fish. So fish plays a very very important part of a Goan meal and that does not mean make a fried fish and feel happy nope!!!! There will be at least three dishes which will have fish in it. Fish fried and fish curry is almost compulsory.



TEESRYO SUKHE(DRY CLAMS)


Guess what are the items made by me, I don’t think it will be very difficult




CABBAGE PEA ONION DRY VEGETABLE


FISH CURRY





SHALLOW FRIED SURMAI OR KINGFISH
HERE IS THE RECIPE FOR TEESRYO SUKHE....
TEESRYACHE SUKHE or dry clam masala
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups clams or teesryo3 medium onions finely choppedLots of chopped coriander11/2 cups of grated coconutRed chili powder to tasteTurmeric powder1tsp dhania powder1 tsp garam masala powderSalt to tasteTamarind pulp or kokum depending on tasteThe whole preparation should be hot and sour
METHOD:
Very very simple to make..Just mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with your handsIn a pan take a tbsp of oil in Goa we take coconut oil as it gives a nice flavorAnd put the mix in pour water till the whole mix is just about immersed you can put less water too if you want it very very dry.Cook on low heat for about 15 mins till the water evaporatesIts ready to eat. ENJOY!!!!NOW ,HERE IS THE RECIPE OF “TOI” -------








6 comments:

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

Very tempting. Wished we were your guest to enjoy such delicacy

Where were you all those days ?

mk said...

Oh Mahek where have you been? I checked your blog so many time welcome back.........your dishes make me die here in US.......... that teesryo and curry god when will my moms masala arrive in parcel cant wait to cook one. BTW I would love to be your guest LOL just tell me when to come ha ha
PS my hubby is drooling over that pic :)

mk said...

Ok cant find the recipe for the dry clams never bothered to learn from momy but would rather learn from u!please post it,

Unknown said...

dear mahek,can u please let me know the recipes of ur goan meal.let me know other goan recipes.i will be very grateful.

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

In case if you are interested in buying good quality original devgad hapus mango, then pl visit Ambewale KAelekar, next to Godbole stores, opp.Canara BAnk, Vaidya marg.

kavita Naik/Parsekar said...

Hi Mahek,
I am a quiet observer of your blog, I am a goan, but presently in US, I started cooking only after my marriage, n often have to call my mom to ask for d recipes, blogs like yours r a helpfull source, I miss d goan food very much, d pic of ur tisryo sukhe n all fish preparation's are so tempting- that my mouth water's- I am just longing to go back home n eat lot of fish! I 'll definately get to u for any recipes, at present can I have The roasted corn salad recipe,Thanks.